Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Toy Owls



In the mystique of the first sunbeam
And the intruding song of the morning birds,
The frown behind my gaze leaves a note…

Little pebbles that I carry
From the lost journey of an ocean,
Fall onto my slept dream...

And the search continues...

“When did I learn to adorn my lies?
And draw the tear streaked covers of pleading hopes?
Probably a door still exists
Behind the forbidden shimmer of morning hues”

Toy owls chirp and laugh in the nests of robins and crows,
‘Oh I love you sweetheart’ they chant as they brush our plastic cores

Lives and after lives paused,
Wait on the longing trees,
The melting still looks for a sun,
Or perhaps a burning dream…

But one day the desires are sucked away,
As the toyed loonies break,
And the night strangers are left to sulk
In the chlorinated beams through vacant caves!

1 comment:

Winnie the poohi said...

oh i have checked your blog before too [:)]

my response is still "wow!!!!!!!!"